Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Good ol' days at Wimbledon!

This year's Wimbledon has just started. A few things I love and hate about the world's greatest tennis tournament...

Things I love...
The Russians - after the retirement of Graf, I thought I would never watch women's tennis, until the players from Russia and ex-Soviet Union arrived!
Serve-and-Volley - but nobody, with the exception of a few, seem to play such a game these days
The grass - the grass courts are a wonderful sight on sunny, bright days, though such days are a rarity! Sorry Mr.Lendl, this grass is not for cows.
The cameramen's lovely image capture of female tennnis players

Things I hate...
The rain - as a Chennaiite I feel jealous!
The line umpires - what wouldn't I do to be in their position when Sharapova is serving!
The grunting - Though I love women and women's tennis, their constant grunting do irritate a lot.
The Williams sisters - they may play a good game, but I am reminded of a close pal when I watch them. Of course, it is a scary thought - my pal in skirts!
Navratilova still playing women's doubles and Amelie Mouresmo playing women's tennis!

Things I miss...
The players - Steffi (though she comes to watch her hubby Agassi playing...but he's out with injury most of the time), Goran Ivanisevic (his eccentrism, his aces)
The tradition - the way the players bow to the royal box...it was actually quite funny!
The skirts - nowadays, most female players prefer to wear shorts! Where are the good ol'days?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
eBay Sniping